Hiring: Hybrid Office Manager
PORTERSHED @ GALWAY CITY INNOVATION DISTRICT OVERVIEW
The Galway City Innovation District (‘GCID’) was founded in 2015 to develop an innovation district in downtown Galway City and accelerate the regional technology ecosystem. The primary focus of GCID is creating high-value sustainable jobs in the West of Ireland. In 2016, GCID opened its first building, the PorterShed The PorterShed is a coworking space for technology focused Innovation Driven Enterprises. We are home to over 41 companies, and have provided a first-home in Ireland to six Foreign Direct investment companies. We do this by creating a warm, welcoming and fun community, while also providing an office space to be proud of. We cater to the needs of a diverse range of companies, including start-ups, SMEs, and rapidly scaling companies. The Board and management team at GCID are ambitious and driven, but most importantly we love what we do.
The expansion of Portershed has opened the door to hire a Hybrid Office Manager who can focus on the emerging needs of a hybrid work environment, and the health and safety of Portshed staff and Members. The post-holder will have an opportunity to support the onboarding of new indeginous and FDI companies to our community, oversee Health and Safety compliance and deliver a seamless hybrid work model for our members and community. Initially a one year contract, this new hire will be tasked specifically with compliance and implementation of government guidelines, as well as member engagement in any such guidelines. The Return to Work Manager will ensure members are well informed of guidelines, that their unique circumstances are catered for, enabling them to return to work comfortably, safely, and in full compliance of government regulations.
Job Title: Hybrid Office Manager
Reports To: CEO
Key Working Relationships: Community Manager, Marketing, Admin & Accounts
Key Responsibilities: Manage health and safety protocols for PorterShed
Members and Staff; Efficiently onboard indegnious and FDI member companies.
- Manage the return-to-work needs of PorterShed staff and member companies
- Develop, document, rollout and monitor policies relating to health and safety, always in keeping with government guidelines
- Business development support; you will work with the PorterShed Team in all aspects of member recruitment and retention, with a particular focus on health and safety guidelines.
- Provide soft-landing support to FDI companies based in PorterShed, particularly advising and catering to needs regarding health and safety
- Provide general guidance on work-place policy to member companies
- Maintain our Member Company CRM, including desk allocation in keeping with government guidelines so that we always know who is using the co-working facility, and their compliance with guidelines.
- Interact with clients and build relationships with them while ensuring their needs are being met and government guidelines are being followed.
- Mastermind creative ways to deliver an exceptional client experience, in keeping with the PorterShed’s core values of innovation, creativity and fun.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of client service protocols.
- Promote the PorterShed’s Hot Desking facilities, ensuring a seamless experience for short term remote workers and maintaining health and safety standards.
- Serve as Lead Worker Representative per the Government’s Work Safely Protocol.
- Cater to the diverse needs of our member base, ensuring they enjoy a customised experience, while still conforming to PorterShed rules.
- Resolve client problems or disputes in a professional manner.
- Coach and support team members to ensure we are all up to date and informed on guidelines.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business management, marketing, sales, accounting, or comparable relevant qualifications (e.g. Human Resources)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a client-facing role
- A keen learner, you have kept abreast of government regulations and Covid Guidelines, and have initiated or led health and safety policies previously
- Has hands-on experience with CRM platforms, or the ability to learn new software quickly.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is ambitious and excited to work in a fast-paced environment, one where creativity thrives. As the Portershed grows, so do you.
- Is a proactive team player, willing to pitch in across other aspects of the PorterShed’s day to day operation.
- Willing to try new things, to give a new idea a fair try.
- Is well organised, with a strong ability to multitask and meet deadlines. You know how to effectively manage projects with regard to these deadlines.
- Has excellent time management, and outstanding attention to detail, with a proven track record of delivering to a high standard.
- Holds an independent drive to improve your productivity by learning new tools and methods.
- Strong project management skills.
- Will stick to their principles, making their case with patience and conviction, while maintaining a customer-oriented mindset.
- Has a problem-solving attitude: can think creatively to find elegant solutions for complex problems, and make sound judgement calls when required.
- One year fixed term contract based in Galway.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Please submit a cover letter and CV/ Resume to work@GCID.ie, quoting reference: RETSHWM in the subject line.
- Application deadline October 13th at 4 pm
This role is posted subject to funding from the Regional Enterprise Transition Scheme.
This is a one year contract, which may be renewed.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest blog articles and more.