Hiring: Content Marketing Specialist
PORTERSHED @ GALWAY CITY INNOVATION DISTRICT OVERVIEW
The Galway City Innovation District (‘GCID’) was founded in 2015 to develop an innovation district in downtown Galway City and accelerate the regional technology ecosystem. The primary focus of GCID is creating high-value sustainable jobs in the West of Ireland. In 2016, GCID opened its first building, the PorterShed The PorterShed is a coworking space for technology focused Innovation Driven Enterprises. We are home to over 41 companies, and have provided a first-home in Ireland to six Foreign Direct investment companies. We do this by creating a warm, welcoming and fun community, while also providing an office space to be proud of. We cater to the needs of a diverse range of companies, including start-ups, SMEs, and rapidly scaling companies. The Board and management team at GCID are ambitious and driven, but most importantly we love what we do. You can jump in and help teams achieve goals and keep the project moving by sometimes acting as a driver and a doer.
The expansion of Portershed has opened the door to hire a Content Marketing Specialist. The right candidate will be required to implement a marketing Plan across social media platforms for Galway City Innovation District “GCID” and PorterShed. The objective of the role is to create a distinct, consistent voice for PorterShed and the Galway City Innovation District. We are committed to creating innovative, engaging content and want ambitious, creative people who can help us make our content even better through their insights and understanding and their ability to turn ideas into brilliant content.
Job Title: Content Marketing Specialist
Reports To: CEO
Key Working Relationships: Community Manager, Production, Admin & Accounts
Content Writing and Delivery
- Create monthly Newsletters.
- Update and maintain website (WordPress Experience desired but not necessary).
- Create unique blog posts and publish online.
- Draft Press Releases and Comms for GCID as required.
- Provide general guidance on work-place policy to member companies.
- Collaborate with internal members and subject matter experts from various line of services to co-create engaging and insightful content.
- Support Programme Manager with NDRC regional marketing programme for Masterclasses, Pre Accelerator, Accelerator and Founders weekend.
- Create and maintain a Library of video content on GCID YouTube Channel.
- Maintain and regularly update physical and virtual PR files.
- Interact with clients and build relationships.
- Mastermind creative ways to deliver an exceptional client experience, in keeping with the PorterShed’s core values of innovation, creativity and fun.
- Be involved in all aspects of the content and campaign creation process: research, marketing briefing, channel strategy, production, activation/distribution and analytics.
- You will liaise with colleagues across the organisation to support the development and maintenance of content and schedule digital/social media communications.
Education, Experience, and Skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Media or PR. Experience required:
- 4+ years working in a B2B, financial services or media/ publishing house environment with experience in digital marketing, multi-channel content management with an excellent knowledge of SEO.
- You must love technical writing and creating engaging content.
- Demonstrated track record of working collaboratively with creative teams (designers, developers etc.) to create effective copy for successful marketing campaigns.
- Experience in using a content management system.
- Experience with marketing automation software would also be an advantage.
- Proven track record of proactively developing complex B2B B2C marketing and/or integrated content across multiple channels within tight timeframes without compromising on quality influencing and working collaboratively with senior executives and technical subject matter experts.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is ambitious and excited to work in a fast-paced environment, one where creativity thrives. As the Portershed grows, so do you.
- Is a proactive team player, willing to pitch in across other aspects of the PorterShed’s day to day operation.
- Willing to try new things, to give a new idea a fair try.
- Is well organised, with a strong ability to multitask and meet deadlines. You know how to effectively manage projects with regard to these deadlines.
- Has excellent time management, and outstanding attention to detail, with a proven track record of delivering to a high standard.
- Holds an independent drive to improve your productivity by learning new tools and methods.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent copywriting skills and experience in creating copy for a range of online/ digital channels.
- Has a problem-solving attitude: can think creatively to find elegant solutions for complex problems, and make sound judgement calls when required.
- Three year fixed term contract based in Galway
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Please submit a cover letter and CV/ Resume to work@GCID.ie, quoting reference: CMS in the subject line.
- Application deadline October 29th at 4 pm
This is a three year contract, which may be renewed.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest blog articles and more.