- August 11, 2022
- 11:10 am
Hiring: A Programme Associate
PORTERSHED @ GALWAY CITY INNOVATION DISTRICT OVERVIEW
Galway City Innovation District (‘GCID’) was founded in 2015 to develop an innovation district in downtown Galway City and accelerate the regional technology ecosystem. The primary focus of GCID is to create high-value sustainable jobs in the West of Ireland. In 2016, GCID opened its first building, the PorterShed, whose member companies have so far had more than €36 million in inward investment. In 2022, GCID continued its expansion by opening two new sites in downtown Galway. The Board and management team at GCID are ambitious and driven, but most importantly we love what we do.
Job Title: Programme Associate
Reports To: Programme Manager, CEO
Key Working Relationships: Community & Production Manager, Content Marketing
Specialist, Administrative Team
The Programme Associate will work closely with the Programme Manager to deliver engaging, informative, and seamlessly executed innovation programmes for tech start-ups, corporates, and more. The start-up community thrives on informative events and networking opportunities, so this role encompasses event management as an integral part. Key internal relationships afford the opportunity to work closely with the GCID Board, CEO, Community and Production Manager, Content Marketing Specialist, and Administrative Team. Additionally, the Programme Manager will develop strong working relationships with PorterShed Members and alumni, and the wider tech community, as well as government, policy, and other programme providers nationally and overseas.
- Operationalising programme delivery, keeping the ship running smoothly.
- Stakeholder management, alumni engagement, and growing our network.
- Creating printed and web-based materials related to programme delivery.
- Continuous management of data related to programme KPIs.
- Grant management, including ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- Events hosting: creating workflows and liaising with the full team to ensure PorterShed delegates and event participants have an excellent experience
- Desk research and reporting: e.g. understanding current and emerging trends, gap analysis, policy.
- Continuous engagement with international best practice (which means lots of opportunities for your own professional development).
- Coaching: work closely with PorterShed and NDRC start-ups, acting as a sounding board for ideas, challenges, always giving your honest but fair opinion and leveraging your network to help them forge ahead.
- Public speaking, representing the PorterShed at conferences and events, delivering Innovation Programme modules.
- Support the Programme Manager in all activities related to business development, including tendering, bidding or pitching new programmes to new clients.
- Assume responsibility for the operational elements of programme recruitment and delivery, including creating detailed agendas, workflows, checklists, and communications materials to keep the whole ship running smoothly.
- Managing communications with programme participants; from the application stage, through programme delivery, and beyond.
- Managing communications for external stakeholders who provide input to programmes and events; inviting speakers, scheduling, onboarding and technical support, follow up.
- Creating beautiful decks, brochures, onboarding guides, and other programme materials (with the support of our design team).
- Desk research leading into the compilation of communications materials and reports on activities relating to startup development, innovation, government policy.
- Support for grant application and grant management, including desk research as outlined above.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- A passion for innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship as evidenced by previous roles, ongoing professional development or volunteering.
- Computer savvy, and quick to learn: preferred experience with project management software such as Monday.com, AirTable, Asana, or just real nifty with a Google Sheet.
- Tonnes of experience working with a team, and demonstrated track record of making the most of great colleagues with wild schedules, and close partnerships with other organisations.
- Meticulously organised, with an attention to detail that would.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You are ambitious, smart, and a hard worker.
- You’re curious: you love learning about new things, especially about technology.
- You’re open: you’re not afraid to pipe up, share your thoughts, ask questions, get it wrong, try again.
- You are passionate about ongoing professional development: you want to push yourself, try something new, and grow within this role.
- Would be cool, but definitely not required: you’ve held an operational, business or technical role in a tech start-up.
Email CV and optional cover letter to email@example.com including reference number PA2022. Direct enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications Tuesday August 30, 2022 at 4 pm.
GCID is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and mindsets, because we know the strength of our team lies in its diversity.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest blog articles and more.
Sarah Gill July 29, 2021 3:38 pm LinkedIn Women in Tech – GCID & The Portershed Male domination of the tech sphere is a widely accepted fact and despite industry shifts and a universal push towards empowering women in STEM, gender
An unintended consequence A recent Future of Work survey highlighted the growth of remote working and addressed how large MNCs are implementing policies to support employees transition, We now know that a likely consequence of COVID -19 will be a hybrid