Galway City Innovation District Company Limited by Guarantee (‘GCID’) is seeking to employ a Programme Associate. Founded in 2015, GCID’s purpose is to develop an innovation district in downtown Galway City and accelerate the regional technology ecosystem.
- Job Title: Programme Associate
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Location of employment: On-site at Galway City Innovation District, Bowling Green, H91HE9E, and Market Street, H91TCX3, Galway City. Hybrid working options may also be available on application.
- Annual remuneration: €37,500
The Programme Associate will report to the Programme Manager to deliver engaging, informative, and seamlessly executed innovation programmes for tech start-ups, corporates, and more. The start-up community thrives on informative events and networking opportunities, so this role encompasses event management as an integral part. Additionally, the Programme Manager will develop strong working relationships with Members and alumni, and the wider tech community, as well as government, policy, and other programme providers nationally and overseas.
- Operationalising programme delivery
- Creating printed and web-based materials related to programme delivery
- Continuous management of data related to programme KPIs
- Grant management, including ongoing monitoring and reporting
- Events hosting: creating workflows and liaising with the full team to ensure participants and delegates have an excellent experience
- Desk research and reporting: e.g. understanding current and emerging trends, gap analysis, policy
- Coaching: work closely with start-ups on business plan development
- Public speaking
- Support the Programme Manager in all activities related to business development, including tendering, bidding or pitching programmes to prospective clients.
- Assume responsibility for the operational elements of programme recruitment and delivery, including creating detailed agendas, workflows, checklists, and communications materials.
- Managing communications with programme participants; from the application stage, through programme delivery, and beyond.
- Managing communications for external stakeholders who provide input to programmes and events; inviting speakers, scheduling, onboarding and technical support, follow up
- Creating decks, brochures, onboarding guides, and other programme materials
- Desk research leading into the compilation of communications materials and reports on activities relating to startup development, innovation, government policy,
- Support for grant application and grant management, including desk research as outlined above.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- A master’s degree, or 3+ years experience in entrepreneurship.
- A passion for innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship as evidenced by previous roles, ongoing professional development or volunteering.
- Experience with project management tools: Monday.com, AirTable, Google Suite.
- Three or more years experience working with a team, and demonstrated track record of collaboration both internally and in partnership with external organisations.
- Meticulously organised.
- Preferred: you’ve held an operational, business or technical role in a tech start-up.
Closing date for applications is Monday 13 March, 2023 at 4 pm.
GCID is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and mindsets, because we know the strength of our team lies in its diversity.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest blog articles and more.